צפו בסרטון על בית מלון הן נה
Watch a video about Henn na Hotel
להגדיל את האוצר מילים
Build your vocabulary
הנה כמה מילים חשובות שתראו באנסין למטה. תלמדו את המילים ואז תקראו את האנסין.
Here are some important words that are used in the unseen below. First learn the words and continue with the unseen.
Test Yourself – תבחנו את עצמכם
And now for the Unseen
- II - I 00:00
I Last summer, guests at a new hotel in Japan had a big surprise. They discovered that their hotel was very different from other hotels.
II The name of the hotel is the Henn-na Hotel, which means “strange hotel”. In this hotel, robots, not people, do a lot of the work. They meet guests at the door, carry their bags and prepare coffee. They also serve meals to the guests and clean their rooms.
- III 00:00
III These robots look like young Japanese women. They nod their heads and smile at the guests. They speak four languages — Japanese, Chinese, Korean and English. They are very polite and helpful. For example, they can tell guests about interesting places to visit and good restaurants to eat at.
- IV 00:00
IV The hotel owner says that using robots saves the hotel money. The hotel doesn’t need to pay them. The robots can work seven days a week. They don’t need to rest or eat. They are always in a good mood and they never complain. Guests also like robots because they don’t have to give them tips.
- V 00:00
V The robots are not the only strange thing about the hotel. The rooms do not have keys. The door opens when a small screen sees the guest’s face. To turn the lights on and off guests speak to a small doll that sits on the table. The doll can also tell the time and give information about the weather.
- VI 00:00
VI “Today, ten robots ‘work’ in the hotel together with ten real people,” says the owner. “In the future, I believe robots will do 90% of the work. We hope to use modern technology in other ways as well. This will make our hotel the most efficient hotel in the world. If it is successful, we may open another one in 2017.”
- VII 00:00
VII “Today, ten robots ‘work’ in the hotel together with ten real people,” says the owner. “In the future, I believe robots will do 90% of the work. We hope to use modern technology in other ways as well. This will make our hotel the most efficient hotel in the world. If it is successful, we may open another one in 2017.”
מילים חשובות בתוך השאלות.
Important vocabulary words in the questions.
According to לפי
Text טקסט / מאמר
Circle הקף בעיגול
QUESTIONS (70 points) A Strange Hotel
Answer questions 1-8 in English according to the article. In questions 1, 2, 3, 6 and 8, circle the number of the correct answer. In the other questions, follow the instructions.
- 2 - 1 00:00
1. What do we learn about the hotel in paragraph I? (7 points)
i) Where the hotel is.
ii) Who the guests are.
iii) How big the hotel is.
2. What surprise was waiting for the guests at the hotel? (paragraphs I and I)
i) They had to carry their bags.
ii) The owner met them at the door.
iii) Robots did a lot of the work. (8 points)
- 5 - 3 00:00
3. What do we learn about the robots in paragraph III? (7 points)
i) Why they look young.
ii) Which languages they speak.
iii) How often they smile.
4. What information can the robots give the guests? Give ONE thing. (paragraph III) ANSWER: ………………………………….. (8 points)
5. How does the hotel owner save money by using robots? (paragraph IV) ANSWER: …………………………………. . (8 points)
- 8 - 6 00:00
6. What is strange about the hotel rooms? (paragraph V) (8 points)
i) How the robots enter the rooms.
ii) How the guests use their keys.
iii) How the doors of the rooms open.
7. How do the guests turn off the lights? (paragraph V) (8 points)
ANSWER: ……………………………………………………………. .
8. In the future, the hotel will be more efficient because (–). (paragraph VII)
i) it will use more technology
ii) the hotel will have more guests
iii) more people will work there (8 points)
למד כיצד לחפש את התשובות בקלות ולהצטיין במבחן.
Learn how to look for the answers easily and excell on the test.
International Hummus Day
יום החומוס הבין לאומי
1. לפני שתשמעו את ההקלטה,, תעברו על השאלות וגם התשובות האפשריות של כל שאלה.
2. תקשיבו לסיפור עד הסוף.
3. תענו על השאלות
4. בשמיעה השניה של הסיפור, תעברו על התשובות שלכם תוך כדי השמיעה ותתקנו מה שצריך.
- Before you listen to the audio, read over the questions and possible answers of each question.
- Listen to the story until the end.
- Answer the questions.
- While listening to the story a second time, go over your answers as the story is playing and fix any answers that need to be fixed.
- 11 - 9 00:00
INTERNATIONAL HUMMUS DAY
9. Why did Ben start Hummus Day?
i) To tell people about a healthy food.
ii) To encourage people to visit Tel Aviv.
iii) To teach people how to make hummus.
10. How did people find out about the first International Hummus Day?
i) Ben sent emails to his friends.
ii) Ben brought hummus to work.
iii) Ben talked about it on the radio.
11. What happened on the second International Hummus Day?
i) People came to visit Ben in Israel.
ii) Ben’s friends made hummus for him.
iii) People wrote about it in the newspaper
- 13 - 12 00:00
12. What do some companies do on International Hummus Day?
i) Eat hummus in a restaurant in Abu Gosh.
ii) Give hummus to their workers.
iii) Invite people to come to Israel.
13. PUT A √ BY THE TWO CORRECT ANSWERS. What did Ben do to make hummus more popular? ……..
i) He put a map with hummus restaurants on the Internet. ……..
ii) He sold hummus meals to companies for their workers. ……..
iii) He opened a Facebook page about Hummus Day. ……..
iv) He visited hummus restaurants around the world. ……..
v) He showed people new ways to make hummus.
הקשיבו טוב ⇐
- International Hummus Day 00:00
Listen Carefully ⇒