מה זה .H.O.T.S
What are H.O.T.S.
כל התלמידים הניגשים ל4 או 5 יחידות בגרות באנגלית חייבים להכיר ולדעת להשתמש במיומנות חשיבה הבאות.
להן 15 מיומנות חשיבה שצריכים לדעת:
All pupils studying for the 4 or 5 point Bagrut in English must be aware of these 15 thinking skills required for the Literature Bagrut Modules.
שם של מיומנות חשיבה
Students will be able to:
תלמידים יצטרכו לדעת איך
Predict the content or the outcome of the text, either before or during reading based on available information.
·How do you think ___ will react?
· How do you think the story will end?
|apply previously learned concepts, terms, techniques and skills to new situations.|
· How can you apply ___ to your own life?
· How can you apply ___ to something else you have learned?
infer implicit meaning from the text by being able to read-between-the-lines.
· What do you think the character meant when s/he said, “___”? What does ___’s behavior suggest? What is the purpose or function of this information?
· What different meanings can be inferred from this line in the poem?
|explain how the sequence of events in a text, when not in a chronological order, affects understanding of the text.|
· Sequence the events in chronological order.
· How do flashbacks affect your understanding of the text/plot?
· Why do you think the events are not in chronological order?
Identifying parts and whole
זיהוי חלקים ושלמים
|explain how the parts function together within the whole text.|
·How does one part of the story contribute your understanding to the whole text?
·How does the title/ending relate to different parts of the story/poem/play?
· What does the rhyme scheme of the poem contribute to the whole poem?
|categorize the elements of the text according to criteria.||· Categorize the characters according to their relationships/values.|
Comparing and contrasting
|find similarities (comparing) and differences (contrasting) and draw conclusions.|
· Compare and contrast the conflicts/ problems/dilemmas in two stories or poems.
· Compare and contrast the text and the film.
· Compare and contrast characters in a text.
|identify and explain different patterns in the text and explain their significance.|
· Explain why certain lines/phrases/words are repeated.
· What behavior does the character repeat?
· Where is the rhyme scheme of the poem broken and why?
Explaining cause and effect
הסבר על הסיבה וההשפעה
|describe and explain the causal relationships between actions or events in a text.|
· What were the results of ___‘s action?
· What caused ___ to think that ___?
Distinguishing different perspectives
הבחנה בין נקודות מבט שונות
|identify the different perspectives within the text and/or among the readers of the text.|
· Identify how different characters respond to a central event in the story.
· How does your understanding of the characters’ actions/events in the story change as you read?
· Do you share the same perspective as the narrator? Explain.
· How does your understanding of the story/the character/the scene differ from other students in your class?
|identify a problem/dilemma and either identify its solution in the text or suggest a possible solution, taking into account the constraints and the options present in the text.|
· Define the problem facing the protagonist.
· How should ___ decide what to do?
· What should ____ take / have taken into account?
· What is the central conflict in this text and how is it resolved? Explain.
· What dilemma does ___ face at this point in the story?
|identify motives that explain the character’s behavior and support this with evidence from the text.|
· Why do you think that __ did __? Support your answer.
· What made ___ change his/her mind? Give supporting details.
|create something new on the basis of what is understood from the text.|
· Create a new character for the story.
· Explain how s/he will affect the development (or outcome) of the story.
· Generate possible options for characters/plot outcomes/sequels or prequels.
· Add an element/an event to the existing text that influences the development and/or the outcome of the plot.
|integrate different aspects of/insights to the text.|
· Write a summary of the story.
· How does information we learn later in the text change the way we understand a character/issue/conflict?
make connections between specific aspects of the text.
make connections between the text and other contexts in relation to historical, and cultural contexts or pertinent information from the author’s biography.
· How does the description of the setting connect to the characterization of __?
· To what extent do events in the text reflect events in the life of the author?
·How does your understanding of the story/the character/the scene differ when you learn about a topic related to the literary text?
|make judgments about different aspects of the text and justify opinions and/or evaluate someone else’s opinion.|
· What makes this a good story? Explain.
· Is ___ a believable character? Explain.
· Is the resolution of the conflict satisfying? Explain.