צפו בסרטון על השריפות של אוסטרליה והקואלה
Watch a video about the fires of Australia and the Koalas
להגדיל את האוצר מילים
Build your vocabulary
הנה כמה מילים חשובות שתראו באנסין למטה. תלמדו את המילים ואז תקראו את האנסין.
Here are some important words that are used in the unseen below. First learn the words and continue with the unseen.
Test Yourself – תבחנו את עצמכם
And now for the Unseen
- I I 00:00
I In September 2019, fires started in many places in Australia. They continued for six months. The fires burned over 105 million dunams* of land. This area is almost six times as big as all of Israel. The fires completely destroyed thousands of houses and many forests. These forests were homes to many plants and animals that live only in Australia. Many of them died in the fires. One of the animals that especially worried many people was the koala.
- II 00:00
II Koalas are unusual because they live in eucalyptus trees and their only food is the leaves of these trees. As soon as the fires started, hundreds of volunteers went to look for koalas in order to rescue them. Dr. Kathy Lang, director of an environmental organization, said, “There was a real danger that we would lose all the koalas in some areas.”
- III 00:00
III Experts believe that over 25,000 koalas died in the fires because they had no food to eat. But newspapers reported that volunteers saved hundreds of koalas and other animals. They brought them to special zoos or animal hospitals.
- IV 00:00
IV After six months, heavy rains finally put out the fires. Grass began to grow immediately and new leaves appeared on the eucalyptus trees that survived. It was time for the koalas to return to their homes in the forests. Sharon Nash from the Koala Hospital said, “This is a great day for us. We are able to return many koalas to their homes, some of them even to their original tree. This makes us very proud and happy.”
- V 00:00
V Dr. Lang explained, “We put a radio-chip on all the koalas that the volunteers rescued. This is because experts say that in the future there will be big fires again in Australia. In times of danger, it will be easier for volunteers to find the koalas that have a chip.”
מילים חשובות בתוך השאלות.
Important vocabulary words in the questions.
According to לפי
Text טקסט / מאמר
Circle הקף בעיגול
- Instructions 00:00
QUESTIONS (70 points) Koalas Return to their Homes
Answer questions 1-8 in English according to the text. In questions 1, 2, 4, 7 and 8, circle the number of the correct answer. In the other questions, follow the instructions.
- 2 - 1 00:00
1. What do we know about the fires in Australia? (paragraph I)
i) How they started.
ii) How they stopped.
iii) How long they burned. (8 points)
2. The writer mentions Israel to show that (–). (paragraph I)
i) there are 105 millions dunams of land in Israel
ii) the fires destroyed a very large area
iii) fires burned in many places in Israel too (8 points)
- 4 - 3 00:00
3. What is special about koalas? Give ONE thing. (paragraph II)
ANSWER: ……………………………………………….. . (9 points)
4. Why did people go to look for koalas during the fires? (paragraph II)
i) To help them find food.
ii) To save them from danger.
iii) To build them new places to live. (9 points)
- 6 - 5 00:00
5. Why did so many koalas die? Write ONE reason. (paragraph III)
ANSWER: ………………………………………………………. . (9 points)
6. Where did the volunteers take the koalas? (paragraph III)
ANSWER: …………………………………………………………. (9 points)
- 8 - 7 00:00
7. Why did the koalas finally return to the forests? (paragraph IV)
i) There were too many koalas in the hospital.
ii) They found new homes in the grass.
iii) They could find food in the forests again. (9 points)
8. According to Dr. Lang, why did they put radio-chips on the rescued koalas? (paragraph V)
i) To help volunteers find the koalas more easily in the future.
ii) To help save eucalyptus trees from fires in Australia.
iii) To know when fires start in the forests again. (9 points)
למד כיצד לחפש את התשובות בקלות ולהצטיין במבחן.
Learn how to look for the answers easily and excell on the test.
1. לפני שתשמעו את ההקלטה,, תעברו על השאלות וגם התשובות האפשריות של כל שאלה.
2. תקשיבו לסיפור עד הסוף.
3. תענו על השאלות
4. בשמיעה השניה של הסיפור, תעברו על התשובות שלכם תוך כדי השמיעה ותתקנו מה שצריך.
- Before you listen to the audio, read over the questions and possible answers of each question.
- Listen to the story until the end.
- Answer the questions.
- While listening to the story a second time, go over your answers as the story is playing and fix any answers that need to be fixed.
Listening Comprehension – HYDROPONIC GARDENS
- 9-10 00:00
9. What did Annie Green come to talk about?
i) What is special about her garden.
ii) Which plants grow in her garden.
iii) Why your apartment needs a garden.
10. How is Annie’s garden different from other gardens?
i) The garden doesn’t use water.
ii) The plants don’t need food.
iii) The plants don’t grow in the ground.
- 11 00:00
11. What are the advantages of hydroponic gardens?
PUT A √ BY THE TWO CORRECT ANSWERS.
i) Vegetables grow bigger than in other gardens.
ii) Plants grow faster than in other gardens.
iii) The flowers are more beautiful in these gardens.
iv) You can make a lot of money from these gardens.
v) They are cleaner than other gardens.
- 13 - 12 00:00
12. Why did Annie decide to make a hydroponic garden?
i) Her family liked to watch things grow.
ii) Her apartment didn’t have enough light.
iii) Her friend said she would like it.
13. What does Annie tell people who want to make a hydroponic garden?
i) It is a very expensive hobby.
ii) At first they must be very careful.
iii) Not everybody can learn what to do.
הקשיבו טוב ⇐
- Hydroponic Gardens 00:00
Listen Carefully ⇒