צפו בסרטון על קריאה לכלבים
Watch a video about reading to dogs
להגדיל את האוצר מילים
Build your vocabulary
הנה כמה מילים חשובות שתראו באנסין למטה. תלמדו את המילים ואז תקראו את האנסין.
Here are some important words that are used in the unseen below. First learn the words and continue with the unseen.
Test Yourself – תבחנו את עצמכם
And now for the Unseen
- I 00:00
I When children read to Danny, he doesn’t stop them in the middle of a sentence. He just sits quietly and listens. Danny is a “listening dog”. He is part of a reading program for children. The name of the program is READ.
- II 00:00
II In this program a child sits on the floor in a library with a dog and reads books to him. “The program helps children with reading problems,” says Danny’s trainer, Tony Nevett. “We all know that learning to read well is very important. Teachers always ask pupils to read aloud. But reading aloud in class is very difficult for some children. They are afraid other children will laugh at them.”
- III 00:00
III But a listening dog like Danny doesn’t correct the children’s mistakes or laugh at them. The children feel safe. It’s also fun for them. They even enjoy reading aloud. As a result, their reading gets better.
- IV 00:00
IV This program also helps the dogs. Many of them live in dog shelters and need the love the children give them. The dogs learn to be comfortable with people they don’t know. This helps them find a family that will take them home.
- V 00:00
V Danny trained for five months to become a listening dog. He is a greyhound. This kind of dog is good with children because it is friendly and doesn’t bark. Also, these dogs have short hair so they are safe for children with allergies.
- VI 00:00
VI The READ program started in the USA in 1999. Today there are many similar programs all over the world. “We had many success stories,” says Tony. “For example, one girl in the program could not read at all when she came to us. Now she reads as well as the other children in her class.” Children who participate in the program learn to love reading. This helps them succeed in school.
מילים חשובות בתוך השאלות.
Important vocabulary words in the questions.
According to לפי
Text טקסט / מאמר
Circle הקף בעיגול
- Instructions 00:00
QUESTIONS (70 points)
Answer questions 1-8 in English according to the article. In questions 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 7, circle the number of the correct answer. In the other questions, follow the instructions.
- 1-2 00:00
1. What do we know about Danny from paragraph I? (7 points)
i) He is a quiet child.
ii) He likes to read.
iii) He is a good listener.
2. Why do children participate in the program? (paragraph II) (7 points)
i) To take care of the dogs.
ii) To learn how to read better.
iii) To have fun with other children.
- 3-4 00:00
3. Why do some children not like to read aloud in class? (paragraph II) (8 points)
i) They think other children may laugh at them.
ii) They think reading is not important.
iii) They are afraid of their teachers.
4. Why do children feel safe when they read to dogs? (paragraph III) (8 points)
i) They are in the library.
ii) Their reading gets better.
iii) The dogs don’t correct them.
- 5-6 00:00
5. How does the program help the dogs? (paragraph IV) (8 points)
i) The children give them love.
ii) The children can take them home.
iii) They are comfortable in the library.
6. Why does the program use greyhounds? Give TWO reasons. (paragraph V)
(2) ………………………………………………….. (2X8=16 points)
- 7-8 00:00
7. What does Tony’s example of the girl show? (paragraph VI) (8 points)
i) Most children read well.
ii) Tony likes to work with children.
iii) The program is successful.
8. Give ONE result of the program. (paragraph VI)
At 100 and Still Running
בת 100 ועדין רצה
1. לפני שתשמעו את ההקלטה,, תעברו על השאלות וגם התשובות האפשריות של כל שאלה.
2. תקשיבו לסיפור עד הסוף.
3. תענו על השאלות
4. בשמיעה השניה של הסיפור, תעברו על התשובות שלכם תוך כדי השמיעה ותתקנו מה שצריך.
- Before you listen to the audio, read over the questions and possible answers of each question.
- Listen to the story until the end.
- Answer the questions.
- While listening to the story a second time, go over your answers as the story is playing and fix any answers that need to be fixed.
- הוראות 00:00
Listening Comprehension: At 100 and Still Running
- 9-10 00:00
9. What does Ben tell us about Ida at the beginning of the interview?
i) Where she lives.
ii) Why she runs every day.
iii) What is special about her.
10. Why did Ida start running at 67 years old? She wanted to (–).
i) be with older people
ii) run a 100-meter race
iii) be active
- 11-12 00:00
11. When Ida was a child, (–).
i) she often rode her bike
ii) she was a slow runner
iii) she participated in races
12. What do we learn about Ida’s life?
i) What she did in the factory.
ii) Why it was so hard.
iii) Who helped her with her children.
- 13-14 00:00
13. What does Ida tell us about her first race?
i) It helped her become healthy.
ii) Her daughter won the race.
iii) She didn’t reach the finish line.
14. How does Ida stay strong at 100 years old?
i) She walks outside for an hour every day.
ii) She doesn’t eat a lot.
iii) She does everything at home by herself.
הקשיבו טוב ⇐
- One hundred and running 00:00
Listen Carefully ⇒